I hope you can see the numbers on the plan alright.
1. Front garden with coffee tree (coffea arabica).
2. Front garden with man fern, ornamental ginger, mondo and hydrangers. In the front of these plants I have extended and there is tomatoe and eggplant and creeping thyme.
3. Front garden with roses, weeping mulberry tree, apaganthus and flowers.
4. The pool area is paved and faces north. Our bunny cage is in here (so the dog doesn't try to eat him. On top of the rabbit cage is where I grow my seeds.
5. Pots fill this corner in the pool area, mainly ornamental plants at the moment.
6. This garden bed is viewed from the entertainment area. There are palms, hebes, mondo and murraya.
Between 6 and 7 is where Mr Gadget is planning on building a wood fired pizza oven. We already have a movable open fire place and grill here. It gets used heaps for sitting around in winter and roasting marshmallows.
7. Raised vegetable patch.
8. Plumcot fruit tree.
9. pots of herbs (parsley, bay tree, rosemary) outside the back door.
10. Perennial basil, meyer lemon tree, aloe vera. Also passionfruit vine.
11. Ornamental chinese tallow tree and rosemary planted underneath.
Between 10 and 11 and also near no. 14 there are two arches with potoatoe vine growing over. I also grow climbing beans over them too.
12. Hedges of curry plant.
13. Behind the curry plant hedges are lemon grass growing and beside that marjoram.
14. My old vegetable patch and a young meyer lemon tree. Also lavenders.
15. Rockmelon seedlings and more lemon grass.
16. Lemon verbena tree and port wine magnolia.
17. Mandarin tree.
18. water tank (1000 l). In the garden bed opposite I have rhubarb growing (4 little plants at the moment) and gourd seedlings.
19. On the other side of the fence where the pool is I have made a raised garden bed. This isn't actually our land. It is councils but I have reclaimed a bit as where it is positioned is hidden and never used. And besides I maintain it by mowing and weeding it and I have also planted about 15 natives outside our boundary on the council reserve. In the raised bed I have planted pumpkins and hopefully very soon I will lant watermelons out here. I am just waiting for the watermelon seeds to get big enough.
I have plans to grow dwarf fruit trees in pots in no. 5. Install another tank near the clothes line and also one smaller one near No. 4 for topping up the pool. I also have plans to replace ornamental plants like all the agapanthus and mondo with eatable plants and herbs. I really want chooks and they would go between No 10 and No. 7. I want another trellis here for more passionfruit to grow. On the fence between 6 adn 7 I plan on having a narrow 1 metre garden bed and growing espalier fruit trees here. It will probably be years before all this happens. Takes time and takes money. So for the moment I will just keep adding to my wish list.