Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Of The Room

I have had these two bedside lamps for a while too and just because I am in the mood for a change I personalised them to suit the new look shabby chic bedroom.
Simply added some satin roses and beading glued around the edge.

I have only one lemon left on my meyer lemon tree now. But lots of new flowers on both lemon bushes. For the first itme this year I had wasp galls on the meyer lemons. I cut them off a few weeks ago and disposed of them so hopefully wont be a problem

With the last of the lemons I made lemon icing for this very delicious carrot cake. It is waiting on the bench for Guitar Dude and Zippy to get home from school.

CARROT CAKE

2 carrots

3 eggs

175mls olive oil

200g castor sugar

100g pecans or wlamuts or almonds

200g plain flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda

ground cinnamon and ginger

1/2 tsp salt

Heat oven to 180 c, line tin. Beat eggs in a bowl and add oil and sugar. Add grated carrots and chopped nuts. Sift in flour and other ingredients and fold together. Spoon mixture into a tin and bake for 45 minutes.

Icing is made with 50g icing sugar, 200g cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla essence.

M xx

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails